Shankarpalis are easy to make snacks that serve as a regular accompaniment with tea. Treat your little one to these little delights by using this simple and quick recipe. This shankarpali recipe uses semolina as one of its main ingredients, thus ensuring nutrition to your body. Semolina is a good source of energy, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6, dietary fiber and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups of maida, ½ cup rava, ½ cup sugar, a pinch of salt, 4 tablespoons of milk, 2 tablespoons of ghee.
1. In a bowl, mix maida, rava, sugar, salt and ghee. Mix with your hands well.
2. Next add the milk and knead into a tight dough. Set aside for half an hour.
3. Then divide the dough into two equal parts. Roll out one portion into a large paratha.
4. Cut out diamond shapes from this.
5. Heat the ghee and drop in the shankarpalis and fry till golden brown.
Quick and easy – perfect for a snack, right?