Schezwan Egg Fried Rice
Wondering what to cook for lunch time? Try out this Schezwan egg fried rice recipe. This dish brings together the nutrients in rice and eggs and provides your child with a wholesome meal. While rice is a rich source of carbohydrates, protein and Vitamin B6, eggs have high content of fat, protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12. Here’s how you can prepare this dish.
Ingredients: 1 egg beaten, 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil, ½ cup long grain rice, 1 small onion sliced, 1 sprig of spring onions chopped, handful of chopped cabbage, 2 garlic cloves chopped, handful of chopped bell peppers, 2-3 Schezwan peppers, 1 tsp. red chilli paste, salt, 1 tsp soya sauce, ¾ tsp vinegar, ½ tsp sugar, pepper, 2 green chillies.
1. Cook the rice and set aside.
2. Fry the garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes and add the onions, chillies, bell peppers and Schezwan pepper and sauté till they are golden.
3. Next add the red chilli paste, soya sauce, vinegar and sugar.
4. When the oil begins to separate, add the spring onion whites and cabbage. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the beaten egg and stir well till the egg has cooked.
6. Add the rice, pepper powder and spring onion greens and mix well.
Easy, isn’t it? Give it a try today!