Sesame seeds, although tiny in size, are reservoirs of essential nutrients such as potassium, sodium, dietary fibre, iron, Vitamin B6, magnesium, etc. Here’s how you can make a delicious and healthy toast using sesame seeds.
Ingredients: 1 small carrot chopped, 8-10 French beans finely chopped, half a cup of mashed potato, ¼ cup of chopped capsicum, ¼ cup of chopped onion, 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves, 1 green chilli finely chopped, ½ inch ginger finely chopped, 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped, 1 tbsp corn starch, ½ tbsp. soy sauce, 2-3 tbsp sesame seeds, salt, black pepper, 3 tbsp cornstarch, 4-5 slices of brown bread, water, oil.
1. Take a bowl and mix all the chopped vegetables and cornstarch with the mashed potatoes. Set aside.
2. Prepare a corn flour past separately by mixing 3 tbsp corn flour with 2-3 tbsp of water.
3. Cut the bread slices into rectangular or triangular shapes.
4. Spread the corn flour paste and then the veggie mix. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Press gently so that they do not fall off.
5. Heat oil in a kadhai for deep frying. When the oil is medium hot, slide in the stuffed bread pieces. Fry till both sides are golden and crisp.
Serve with tomato ketchup or schezuan sauce. So why serve the boring toast every day when you can cook up something so delicious quickly? Try this out and serve this sesame toast!