Shakarkandi halwa is extremely easy to make and is very delicious. In addition, it is highly nutritious as it is made from sweet potatoes, which are rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, dietary fibre, Vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, etc.
Ingredients: 2 large sweet potatoes, 4 tbsp sugar, 7-8 tbsp oil, ½ tsp cardamom powder, a pinch of saffron, 10-12 cashews halved and chopped.
1. Boil the sweet potatoes. When they cool, peel and mash them and set them aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the cashew till they are golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the mashed potatoes in the pan, add sugar and sauté. Saute on low flame for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the cardamom powder and sauté again. Now add the saffron and stir well.
5. You will have to cook the halwa for at least 10-12 minutes on low flame. Then add the roasted cashews.
6. Remove the halwa from the pan and serve.
Sweet potatoes are readily available during the winters and this halwa is just the thing that you would like to serve on a cold wintry evening. So do give this recipe a try!