Milk is believed to be a complete meal in itself. This is because of its high nutrient content, which includes proteins, calcium, Vitamin B12 and magnesium. Here’s a tasty, easy to prepare using this wonder food that your child will definitely love to have.
Ingredients: 2 cups of full fat milk, 1 tbsp ghee, 1 ½ tbsp. of sugar, ½ cup broken seviyan, 7-8 cashews chopped, 8-9 sliced almonds, 8-9 pistachios sliced, 8-9 seedless dates chopped, 4 green cardamoms crushed in a mortar pestle, 1 tbsp chironji, 1 tbsp golden raisins, 1 tsp rose water.
1. Heat a little ghee in a pan. Roast the seviyan in it till they turn golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, roast dry fruits till they are golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Boil the milk in a vessel. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes on low flame. You will notice that the milk has reduced in volume.
4. Add the roasted seviyan and sugar to the milk and cook for another 10 minutes on low flame till the seviyan have cooked completely.
5. Add the roasted dry fruits and crushed cardamoms.
6. Switch off the fire and stir well. Set aside for cooling.
You can serve sheer kurma hot or chilled. You can also garnish it with rose petals or saffron strands to make it look more attractive. So get started on prepping for this delicious dessert item for your little item today!