Sooji ka Halwa
Sooji ka halwa is easy to prepare and will serve as a great dessert. It is made using semolina, which is a rich source of potassium, carbohydrate, dietary fibre, protein, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 cup sooji, ¾ cup sugar, ½ cup ghee, 4-5 green cardamoms powdered, 10-12 cashews, 2 tbsp. raisins, 2 cups water
1.Heat ghee in a pan and roast the sooji and the cashews till they are crunchy and golden in colour.
2. In a vessel, boil the water and sugar till all of the sugar dissolves and the mixture becomes sticky in nature. Keep heating on low flame.
3. When the sooji becomes crunchy, add the powdered cardamoms and raisins and sauté for some time.
4. Add the bubbling sugar syrup into the sooji mixture and stir well.
5. Remove from the flame when the sooji has absorbed most of the water and has become thick and dense.
6. Set aside for cooling and serve warm.
Delicious sooji ka halwa is a yummy dessert that you can prepare today by trying out this recipe!