Sookha Kala Chana
Kala Chana or Black Chickpeas are rich in iron, calcium, proteins and Vitamin C. Sookha Kala Chana is a recipe that is popular in households in Maharashtra. This recipe is easy and quick to prepare. You can easily prepare Sookha Kala Chana at home in your own kitchen in a matter of no time.
Ingredients: 2 cups of black chickpeas, 1 inch ginger julienned, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 green chilli, ¼ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp black pepper powder, ¼ garam masala powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp coriander powder, 2 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp chaat masala, 1 tsp dry mango powder, ½ cup chopped coriander leaves, 1 lemon sliced, 6 cups water, 1 tsp salt, 2 tbsp oil, salt as per taste.
1. Rinse and clean the chana well and soak it in water overnight.
2. Next morning, add water to the chana and cook it in a pressure cooker till the chana is completely cooked.
3. In a pan, heat some oil and add the cumin seeds till they splutter.
4. Add the chana and mix well. Add all the spice powders and black salt and mix well.
5. Cook well for a few minutes. Remove from flame once done and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
This dish can be had with rice or rotis. Delight with this spicy dish for dinner tonight!