Sorakaya Pappu is a perfect dish. This recipe offers a fine taste along with several health benefits. Toor Dal is a good source of sodium, potassium, calcium and Vitamin B-6. The primary ingredient of this recipe is lauki which offers Vitamin C, magnesium, riboflavin and dietary fiber that is quite advantageous for your physical development.
Ingredients: ¼ cup toor dal, ½ cup moong daal, lauki, salt, ghee, tamarind, curry leaves, ½ Tbsp. cumin, ½ Tbsp. mustard, turmeric, grated ginger, 1 crushed clove garlic.
1. You first need to soak the tamarind in hot water and keep it aside.
2. Next step is to wash the dal and add 1 ½ cups of water in a pressure cooker. Cook it on low flame.
3. Wash and peel the sorakaya (lauki) and cut it into small cubes.
4. Add the sorakaya cubes to the dal and cook it on medium flame for at least 3-4 minutes.
5. Now, add salt and mash the dal. Keep it aside.
6. Take a pan and add ghee. To this add cumin, mustard and grated ginger.
7. Now, add curry leaves and crushed garlic.
8. Later add hing and turmeric powder.
9. The next step is to add tamarind juice to the pan. Let it bubble for some time.
10. At last, you need to pour the pan content to the mashed dal. Stir it well.
Prepare this dish today and serve it with either rice or roti.