This recipe called Khatta is something you must try out! It’s a scrumptiously sour gravy which is made of amchur powder. The amchur and spices provide valuable minerals and vitamins, while the besan provides protein and carbohydrates.
Ingredients: 4 tablespoons coriander powder, Salt to taste, 10 cups of water, 2 black cardamom pods, 1 large stick of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon methi seeds, 1/2 teaspoon hing, 1 bunch cilantro, 2 teaspoons turmeric powder, 6 tablespoons amchur, 8 tablespoons besan, Oil – 4 tbsps. For boondi: 1 cup of besan, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, oil for deep frying.
1. Whisk together all the ingredients for the boondi with water.
2. Heat oil and drop in the boondi batter through a sieve. Fry the boondi till crisp. Set aside.
3. Heat 4 tablespoons oil. Add methi seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and hing.
4. Add the coriander powder, besan, turmeric, amchur powder, salt.
5. Add water, stir well, and boil for 15 minutes. Add the boondi and boil for 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Finger-licking good, isn’t it? Try it out today!