Soya Chunks Fried Rice
This recipe will make you fall in love with this high protein food item. Soya chunks are a rich source of protein, B Vitamins and Omega 3 Fatty Acids. Hence, soya chunks fried rice is delicious and highly nutritious.
Ingredients: 1cup long grain rice, 1/3 cup soya chunks, 1 tbsp. soya sauce, few juliennes of capsicum, 1-2 stalks of spring onions (green and whites separated), fistful of green peas, 1 carrot julienned, 1 tsp. vinegar, 1 tsp. minced garlic, 1/8 tsp. pepper powder, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1 star anise, 1 strand of mace, salt.
1. Soak the soya chunks. Drain and set them aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the whole spices. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add the soya chunks, spring onion whites, vegetables and sauté on high flame for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the soya sauce and vinegar and simmer for a minute.
5. Next, add the rice, salt and spring onion greens and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Easy to cook, you can make soya chunks at home today!