Spicy Capsicum Besan Sabji
Do you refuse to eat greens, especially capsicum? Here’s an interesting recipe that will make you fall in love with this versatile vegetable. Capsicum is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6 and also contains dietary fibre, sodium and potassium. Capsicum besan sabji is an easy to prepare recipe as it takes very less time and does not require a lot of ingredients.
Ingredients: ¼ cup of besan, two large capsicums cut into cubes, 1 tsp of chopped garlic, one medium onion chopped, 1-2 green chillies, 2 tablespoons of oil, ½ tsp each of mustard and jeera seeds, 8-10 curry leaves, a pinch of hing, ¼ tsp each of turmeric and chilli powders, salt as required, a cup of water, 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander, 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
1. Dry roast the besan in a kadhai on low flame for about 5 -6 minutes. Remove and set aside for cooling.
2. Heat oil in a kadhai and throw in the mustard seeds and hing. After the mustard seeds have cracked add the jeera seeds. Add the chopped onions, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves.
3. Saute till the onions become translucent. Add a little water and drop in the capsicum cubes. Place the lid and cook till the capsicums become tender. Add more water if required.
4. Add in the besan little by little and stir well to ensure it mixes well with the rest of the ingredients.
5. Add salt and cook for about 5-6 minutes more.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and add lemon juice on top.
Easy. Isn’t it? Try it out today!