Spicy Carrot Cauliflower Soup
Warm soup is a great compliment for a cold rainy evening. It contains, some spices along with nutritional veggies. Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C, K and B6. It also carries omega-3 fatty acids, manganese and phosphorus. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A by the liver. Vitamin A is very important for vision. This spiced up soup works wonders when you have cough and cold.
1 tsb olive oil, 1 small onion, 5 cups warm water, 2 cubes vegetable bouillon, (you can use fresh vegetable stock instead of cubes and reduce the water quantity), 4 cups cauliflower, 3 cups chopped carrots, 1 tsb curry leaves powdered, 1 tsb cinnamon powder, 1 tsb garam masala (adjust the quantity according to your child's taste), 1 tsb salt
1. Heat the oil in a large thick bottom pan, add chopped onions in it, fry it till it gets tender for about 3-4 minutes.
2. Dissolve vegetable bouillon in water and add into the pan.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to it, pour some amount of water, stir all ingredients properly so it mixes well.
4. Now, cover the pan with a lid, cook it on simmer for 15-20 minutes. Check after 20 minutes if all vegetables are tender. Then, switch off the flame.
5. Now blend it in a blender according to your desired consistency.
Serve this soup when it is warm. This is great in cold weather.