Spinach fritters or palak ke pakode are a North Indian dish and serve as excellent snack items. If you are looking for a snack recipe, there could be none better than this. These fritters are delicious and extremely healthy as they are made from spinach, which is a rich source of potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, iron, calcium, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 12-15 large spinach leaves, 1 ½ cup besan, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¾ tsp ajwain, 2 tsp white sesame seeds, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp garam masala powder, a pinch of hing, 2 pinches of baking soda, 1 cup of water, salt.
1. Clean and dry the spinach leaves and set aside.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl to form a thick batter.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan.
4. Dip each leaf in the batter and coat it evenly.
5. Drop it into the pan when the oil is medium hot.
6. Deep fry and scoop out.
Highly nutritious and extremely delicious to eat, you can serve these spinach fritters with tomato ketchup as a snack. The recipe being so simple, it deserves a try. So why not try it out today?