Spinach Mushroom Lasagna
Though making lasagna may sound difficult, this recipe breaks down the entire process into easy steps so that you can make a healthy and delicious dish for your little one. This recipe uses spinach, which is rich in dietary fibre, potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, protein, iron, magnesium and Vitamin B6.
Ingredients: 2 cups chopped spinach, 2 cups chopped button mushrooms, 1 small onion finely chopped, 1 tsp chopped garlic, ½ tsp oregano, 1 tsp dry basil, a pinch of nutmeg, 7 tbsp of low fat cream, 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese, 6-8 tbsp of tomato sauce, 7 lasagna sheets, olive oil and butter, salt, black pepper powder.
1. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and add butter to it.
2. Saute the chopped onions and garlic in this for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the chopped mushrooms and sauté till all the water released from it has evaporated. Next add the spinach and cook till it wilts.
4. Add fresh cream, basil leaves, oregano, nutmeg powder and black pepper powder into the pan and stir. Add salt as per taste.
5. Stir well and switch off the flame. Keep the spinach mushroom stuffing aside.
6. Boil the lasagna sheets in water and ensure they are cooked.
7. Keep them separately and drizzle a little olive oil on them.
8. Take a baking pan and spread the tomato puree or sauce in it. Spread the lasagna sheet on top. Layer it with a portion of the stuffing.
9. Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese. Repeat the procedure and top of with grated cheese sitting right on top.
10. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Take out and allow it to rest for some time.
Serve the lasagna warm. Doesn’t it sound delicious?