Spring Onion Soup
Spring onions or scallions are rich in dietary fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, K , iron, magnesium and Vitamin B6. Here’s a recipe that allows you to use this highly nutritious vegetable to prepare a healthy and tasty soup. Also it helps to improve bone density.
Ingredients: 4 ½ cups of chopped spring onions, 1 potato chopped, 2 garlic cloves chopped, 1 tsp. soy sauce, ¼ tsp dry oregano, 3 cups water, 2 tbsp. olive oil, salt, black pepper, few parsley leaves.
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the chopped garlic.
2. Add the spring onions and sauté for about 5 minutes on low flame.
3. Next add the chopped potatoes, salt and black pepper and simmer on medium flame till the potatoes are done.
4. Remove from flame and use a hand blender to make the soup smooth. Put the soup back on fire and add soy sauce and oregano. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with parsley leaves and chopped spring onions.
Go ahead and try out this recipe today!