You can now make spring rolls at home. This recipe uses a number of fresh vegetables which are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, iron, calcium, Vitamin B6, magnesium and dietary fiber. So, nutrition and taste, at the same time!
Ingredients: 6 tablespoon maida, 24-30 spring roll papers, 2 tbsp oil, 2 ½ cups of shredded cabbage, ½ cup of grated carrots, 1/3 cup of thinly sliced capsicums, ¼ cup of thinly sliced French beans, 1/3 cup of onion whites, ½ tsp crushed black pepper, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp finely chopped celery, 1 cup cooked noodles, 3 tbsp bean sprouts, 2-3 tbsp chopped spring onions, oil and water.
1. Mix water with the maida and prepare a paste and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add all the vegetables into it. Cook for a while and then add crushed black pepper, soy sauce and chopped celery into it.
3. When the vegetables have cooked, add the noodles, cook for sometime and switch off the flame.
4. Set the filling aside.
5. Take the spring roll wrappers, coat it with the maida batter, place the filling in the centre and fold with a light hand into a roll.
6. Seal the edges with a little batter and place face down on a plate.
7. Heat oil in a pan till it is really hot and then slide the rolled spring onions into it.
8. Cook till all sides become crispy and golden.
This spring roll is not just delicious but healthy too. So go ahead and try making your own spring rolls at home today!