Steam Chana Daal Snack
Want to get rid of harmful snacks? Try this Channa Dal snack which is loaded with the vitamins of Daal, steamed and not fried, yet delicious.
Ingredients: Channa Dal-250gm, Green Chili-2to 3(as per your kids taste), Cumin seeds-1tsb, Salt –as per taste, Turmeric -1/4 tsb, Fresh coriander chopped-2tsb, Hing (asafoetida)-a pinch, Ginger-1/2 tsb grated
1. Rinse channa dal in water 2 to 3 times and soak it overnight or for 4 to 5 hours.
2. Strain the water from dal and grind it finely.
3. Add all the ingredients in a bowl along with the dal mixture, and mix well.
4. Now, make a round shaped dumpling out of the above mixture (about the size of a lemon).
5. Heat some water in a cooker or a large pot. When water reaches boiling point, grease your colander or idli stand. Arrange all the dumplings on colander without over lapping each other.
6. Steam it for 15 minutes. After that, take a knife and insert it in the dumpling.
7. If the knife comes out clear, then your dumpling is ready. If not. cook for some more time.
Serve the hot Channa Dal dumpling to your loved one along with green chutney.