Stuffed Potato Skins
Are you having a hard time making food interesting so you can impress everyone? Then, this is the perfect recipe for you! A nice change from the same old potato fries, this dish is sure to cheer your family up! Packed with a healthy dose of carbohydrates coming from the potatoes and a good amount of healthy fats, this snack is sure to be a winner!
Ingredients: 4 to 5 medium-sized potatoes, a handful of mushrooms, jalapenos or paprika pepper, grated cheddar cheese, butter, salt, pepper, oregano.
1. Boil all the potatoes with the skin until they are soft, but not too soft. Poke them with a fork to test them. You can also pressure cook the potatoes.
2. Take out potatoes from the hot water and transfer them to another container. Add cold water to the container with potatoes.
3. Cut each potato in half and scrape half of the potato from each half and transfer that to a bowl. Mash them well.
4. In a pan, add a knob of butter and bring the flame to a medium heat. Add chopped mushrooms and jalapeno peppers, sauté them for about 3-5 minutes. Take it off the heat and add it to the container with the potato mash.
5. Now, add salt, pepper and oregano, mix well with the potato mash. Taste the mixture to see if any more seasoning is needed.
6. Using a spoon, take the potato mash mixture and place it back onto the potato half with the skin. Do this with all the remaining potato halves.
7. Grate some cheddar cheese and top it off on the potato skins. You can bake them, boil them or even pan fry them.
8. Make sure to fry on both sides, using a small amount of butter if you are going to pan fry them. Keep the pan on medium heat.
There you have it! Yummy stuffed potato skins. Serve it with tomato sauce.