Sugar paratha is a yummy breakfast option that you can easily prepare at home. It is made of whole wheat flour, which is a rich source of potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium and hence these parathas are not just delicious but very healthy too.
Ingredients: 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup water, 2 tsp. ghee, salt, a few tablespoons of sugar.
1. Take the whole wheat flour, salt and oil in a bowl. Mix well and pour enough water to knead into a soft, elastic dough.
2. Cover the dough with a wet and soft cloth and set aside for 20 minutes.
3. Pinch out small balls from the dough, dust with some flour and roll out into a small roti on a rolling boast.
4. Sprinkle the sugar and pleat all the edges together. Bring the edges to the centre and seal them at the top.
5. Now roll out the ball again into a full size paratha.
6. Heat oil on a tawa and cook the paratha till you have brown spots on both surfaces.
Cut out a chunk of butter and place it on the paratha before serving. This sweet paratha is sure to become a favourite so try out this recipe today!