Suji Mixed Vegetable Khichdi
Suji (Semolina) is easily digestible because it contains dietary fibers and is a good source of carbohydrate. Its will fill one's tummy for long. Mixed veggies give it nutrients too, like carrot and fresh peas contain sufficient vitamins A, B-6, C and magnesium. Ginger has anti-viral properties and garlic has anti-oxidant properties, it enhance immunity cells. You can serve it at lunch or breakfast.
Ingredients: 1 cup suji, 1/2 cup onions and tomatoes chopped, 1/2 tbs ginger garlic paste, 1/2 cup of mixed boiled vegetables (peas, carrot, potato), 2 tbs ghee/butter, a pinch of turmeric powder, 1/2 tbs coriander chopped, 2 cups water.
1. Take a thick bottom pan, add suji and roast it till it turns light pink in color. Keep it aside.
2. Now pour ghee in a pan, add chopped onion, stir it till it turns golden brown, add chopped tomatoes and a pinch of turmeric powder. Mix it properly till the tomatoes become tender.
3. Add all the boiled veggies and stir it properly, so that it mixes with the onion tomato mixture well.
4. Add 2 cups of water, when the water starts boiling, add roasted suji and coriander in it. Stir it on medium flame, till the suji absorbs all the water.
5. When you get the right consistency switch off the gas and allow it to cool down.
Serve this dish, when it is warm.