Super Delicious Tomato And Beetroot Soup
If you are wondering how to eat beetroot, keep reading! This is a super-nutritious recipe that looks pretty too! This is a definite hit with you! With a soup as nutritious as this, you won’t even realize how much vegetable is going into the tummy! Packed with essential nutrients, beetroots are a great source of fiber, manganese, potassium, iron and vitamin C.
Ingredients: 2 large ripe tomatoes, 1 medium potato, ½ beetroot, 2-3 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper to taste, 1 tbsp butter, ½ tsp oil, ¼ tsp sugar, water
1. Wash and clean the tomatoes. Make a slight incision on each tomato skin.
2. Peel, wash and roughly chop potato, garlic and beetroot.
3. Put all vegetables into the pressure cooker with 1 and half cups of water and cook for about 1-2 whistles.
4. Let the veggies cool completely before opening the pressure cooker.
5. Peel off the tomato skin and blend everything along with water in which the vegetables were cooked.
6. Heat oil & butter in a vessel. Let the butter melt on simmer, make sure it doesn't burn.
7. Add the vegetable puree along with some water to adjust the consistency.
8. Season it with salt, pepper and sugar. Mix well and let this boil for 5-8 minutes.
9. Turn off the flame and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Serve the warm soup, garnish it with some coriander leaves.
Note: You can also customize the recipe by adding carrots or cabbage. Just make sure that you don't strain the vegetable puree so that you retain the fiber and nutrients.