Super Yummy Cheesecake Tart
Cheesecake Tart is possibly the best dessert you can offer on a lazyevening. And the best part is that you can also add good amount of nutrition value to it just by adding some berries. As we all know, cheese is very high in calcium and so are berries; they also add a lot of minerals and proteins to this dish.
Ingredients: 1 cup of all purpose flour, ½ cup pecans, 3 tablespoons sugar, ½ teaspoon of fine salt, 1 stick cold unsalted butter (cut into ½ inch pieces).
For the filling- 1 2/3 cups of whole milk, 4 large egg yolks, ½ cup sugar, ¼ cup cornstarch, 8 ounces cream cheese (cut into 1 inch pieces), 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
For the Topping- 5 cups mixed fresh berries (such as Raspberries and Blueberries), 2 tablespoon sugar.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Crust Making- Pulse the flour, pecans, sugar and salt in a food processor until the pecans are finely grounded. Pulse in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 2 tablespoons of ice-cold water and pulse until the dough just comes together.
3. Turn out the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap, form into a disk, wrap and refrigerate until it becomes slightly firm (about 15 minutes). Put the dough in a 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom, and press into an even layer over the bottom and up the sides. Again, freeze until it becomes firm (about 10 minutes).
4. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet. Line the crust with foil and fill it with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until the edges of the crust begin to turn golden, about 20 minutes.
5. Remove the foil and pie weights and continue baking until the crust turns golden brown (15 to 20 more minutes). Transfer to a rack and let it cool completely.
6. Filling making- Whisk 1 cup of milk, the egg yolks, ¼ cup of sugar and the cornstarch in a medium bowl. Heat the remaining 2/3 cup of milk and ¼ cup of sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat and put it on sim. While whisking, slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture. Whisk it constantly, until the mixture starts to bubble and is very thick for about 2 minutes.
7. Remove the bowl from the stove, then whisk in the cream cheese, lemon juice and vanilla until it becomes smooth. Pour it into the cooled crust and refrigerate until set about 1 ½ hours.
5. Make the topping: Toss the berries and sugar in a bowl and let sit at room temperature, 20 minutes. Top the tart with the berries.
And your yummy treat is ready!