Sweet And Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes
Ever thought of how boring it could be to eat pancakes the same old boring way? Here is a sweet and tasty spin on the classic breakfast recipe. By making use of some sweet potatoes, you will not only change the taste and texture of the pancakes but also elevate their nutritive value. Containing 100% of your daily need of vitamins, sweet potato caters to the daily intake of carbohydrates, along with potassium.
Ingredients: Sweet potato, milk, 1 cup maida, 2 eggs, castor sugar, a pinch of baking soda, a pinch of salt, 2-3 drops of vanilla essence, butter
1. Pressure cook or boil a sweet potato, by cutting it in half so it cooks evenly. Cool it down using cold water and remove the skin.
2. Mash the cooked sweet potato until a fine paste is obtained.
3. While making anything sweet, it is very important to mix the dry ingredients first, then mix in the wet ingredients. Take a bowl and add maida along with castor sugar, a pinch of baking soda and salt. Give that a good mix.
4. Crack open eggs into a small bowl and whisk until smooth and well incorporated. Add vanilla essence to add more flavour. You can also add some cinnamon powder. Also, add milk to this and mix well.
5. Now, pour the egg and milk mixture into the bowl with dry ingredients, little by little at a time, continuously whisking to avoid any formation of lumps. Also, mix the sweet potato mash made earlier.
6. After you are happy with the consistency, heat up a pan on low flame and add some butter in it. Pour the pancake batter into the pan and simmer for three minutes on each side.
Serve with jam or maple syrup. Now, breakfast will never be a fussy affair anymore!