Sweet and Sour Vegetables
Do you order Chinese food frequently? Most of us would worry about this as the food cooked in restaurants isn’t healthy enough. However, with this sweet and sour veggies recipe you can cook an Indo Chinese dish without any difficulty. This dish is healthier as it uses fresh vegetables, which are rich in potassium, dietary fibre, protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium and Vitamin B6.
Ingredients: 1 carrot chopped, 7-9 French beans chopped, 1 ½ cups of cauliflower florets, 3-4 button mushrooms chopped, 1 medium onion, quartered and layers separated; 1 bell pepper cubed, ½ tbsp. chopped celery, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp tomato sauce, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped, ½ inch ginger finely chopped, 1 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp oil, 2 cups water, 2 tbsp corn starch dissolved in ½ cup of water; salt, black pepper.
1. Blanch all the chopped vegetables in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
2. Drain and soak them in cold water for some time.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add the ginger and garlic and sauté on high flame for a minute.
4. Add the chopped bell pepper, mushrooms and sauté for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the blanched vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the celery and stir fry for a minute.
7. In a bowl, mix the soy sauce and tomato sauce. Pour it into the vegetables and stir. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
8. Add water and stir. Let the gravy simmer. Add the corn starch solution and stir gently to avoid any lump formation.
9. Add the apple cider vinegar, stir and remove from flame.
Serve this delicious dish with vegetable noodles. So the next time you feel to have Chinese, you know you can use this recipe to cook a delicious meal.