Sweet Besan Halwa
Besan is one of the most commonly used ingredients for savouries and sweets in North Indian households. Besan is rich in fibre, protein, Vitamin B6, thiamine, folate, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese, potassium and iron. Besan halwa is a healthy and nutritious dessert item and is quite easy to prepare.
Ingredients: ¼ cup of ghee, a cup of besan, 1 ½ cups of hot milk, ½ tsp of sugar, a handful of chopped almonds and pistachios, a few strands of saffron for garnishing.
1. Boil milk in a vessel and set aside.
2. Heat ghee in a thick bottomed vessel and roast the besan in it for about 15 minutes.
3. Add a cup of hot milk and stir continuously to ensure no lumps are formed.
4. Cook for a couple of minutes and then add the remaining milk.
5. Add sugar and cook till the ghee starts leaving the besan.
6. Let it cool, garnish with chopped dry fruits and strands of saffron.
Simple, isn’t it? Try this healthy recipe out today!