Sweet Neureos or Nevris
Neureos or Nevris is a Goan sweet snack and is extremely easy to prepare. If you are looking for an easy snack recipe, this is it. Besides being a treat to the taste buds, nevris offers the goodness of coconuts. Coconuts are rich in fibre, sodium, potassium, calcium, Vitamin C, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. Here’s you can prepare this Goan delight at home easily in no time.
Ingredients: 1 cup of maida, 1 ½ cups of oil, a pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon of ghee, 1 cup freshly grated coconut, 2 tablespoon grated jaggery, a pinch of cardamom powder, 7-8 cashews, 19-20 golden raisins finely chopped.
1. Take the flour in a bowl, add a pinch of salt in it and set aside.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and pour it into the flour salt mixture. Using a spoon, mix well. Add water and knead into a soft dough. Set aside for sometime.
3. Melt ghee in a pan, add coconut and stir well. Do not brown the coconut. Add the jaggery and pinch of cardamom powder, cashews and raisins and stir well. Set aside
4. Roll the dough into a log and cut out equal portions from it. Using your palms flatten it out into a round or oval shape.
5. Place a little of the stuffing in the centre and fold the flattened dough piece. Brush the edges with a little water and pleat them.
6. Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the nevris till it is golden and crisp on both sides.
Try this out today!