Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but you may not have understood that fact. Here is a yummy solution to this problem. These muffins not only taste great, but they are not messy and look very cute. These breakfast muffins mainly contain sweet potato, which is a great alternative to regular potato. This recipe is jam-packed with the goodness of carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
Ingredients: 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, 3 whole eggs, 1 cup maida, 1/2 tbsp chilli flakes, salt, a pinch of baking soda, 1 cup milk, butter
1. Boil the sweet potatoes until they cook really well. This will take about 15 minutes. Peel their skin off after cooling them down with cold water.
2. Mash the sweet potatoes into a smooth paste and add salt as needed. Add chilli flakes to give the muffins a hint of spice.
3. Add maida to the mixture and incorporate the flour well into the sweet potatoes. Watch the consistency as you do not want the mixture to be too runny or too thick.
4. Fix the consistency using milk or flour to thin down or thicken up the mixture. Once happy with the consistency, add eggs and mix well.
5. Take a standard muffin tray and grease it with butter. Pour the sweet potato mixture, just over half way. Microwave the muffins for 7-8 minutes. Allow them to cool down before serving them to your kiddo.
This makes a perfect on the go breakfast!