Sweet Potato Crème Brulee
Sweet Potato Creme Brulee is a classic dessert which gives a twist to your regular crème Brulee recipe and you are going to enjoy it a lot. Sweet Potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, A and B6.
Ingredients: 2 medium sweet potatoes, baked, skinned, and mashed, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 cup whipping cream, 1 cup sugar, 8 egg yolks, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 1/3 cup brown sugar
1. Take mashed sweet potatoes, add 1/4 cup of brown sugar, lemon juice into the mixture. Spoon the potato mixture into a buttered dish to form a 1/4-inch-thick layer.
2. Take a medium saucepan, add cream, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla essence, give it a good stir.
3. Cook the mixture on a low heat, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes or until hot. Add the sweet potato mixture in it.
4. Place the mixture in a shallow baking pan. Pour some hot water into the pan of 1-inch depth.
5. Bake it in an oven at 325 degrees for 1 hour, use a knife to check if it is properly done or not. Once the knife comes out clean it means the dish is done.
6. Remove the pan from the water and allow it to cool. After cooling, refrigerate it for at least 7-8 hours.
7. Finally, in a pan sprinkle custard powder along with brown sugar on a medium heat. Pour it over the Brulee just to add a tinge of colour.
Now serve this delicious dessert and enjoy!