Sweet Potato Puffs
Now you do not have to buy puffs from eateries for your little one. You can make a yummy and healthy puff at home using sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of Vitamin A, phosphorus, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B1, niacin, dietary fibre, potassium, Vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, copper, manganese, Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
Ingredients: 2 pastry sheets, 300 gms cooked and mashed sweet potato, 1 ½ cup of mixed chopped vegetables, 1 ½ cup of chopped onions, 2 tomatoes thinly sliced, ½ tsp. coriander powder, ½ tsp. coriander powder, ½ tsp. ginger paste, 2 tsp garlic chopped.
1. Cook the vegetables by boiling them in water mixed with salt. Drain and set them aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry onions and the ginger garlic paste. Next, add the tomatoes and cook till they are mushy and soft.
3. Add the spice powders and fry well. Remove from the flame, cool and then grind into a smooth paste.
4. Heat a little more oil in the pan, add the cooked vegetables, mashed sweet potato and the ground masala.
5. When the mixture becomes thick, add coriander leaves and remove from flame.
6. Cut the pastry sheets, place the filling, fold and bake at 180oC till the sides of the pastry turn brown.
Delicious home made sweet potato puffs are ready! Surprise your child at snack time today by making him these yummy puffs!