Sweet Potato Salad
It is always hard to have salads. So here is one interesting tangy nutritious salad recipe you will enjoy. Sweet potato is a rich source of dietary fibers and Vitamin A and if seasoned with Sundrop Superlite Advanced Oil, which is fortified with vitamin A, D and E, it becomes complete treat.
Ingredients: 1/4 cup chopped spring onion, 1/4 cup mango chutney, 1 and 1/2 tbsp sundrop oil,1 tbsp cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper, 3 and 1/2 cups sweet potato, 1/4 cups green beans, 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro.
1. Wash all the veggies.
2. Finely chop spring onion and beans. Keep it aside.
3. Peel and cut sweet potato length-wise, make thick slices like potato fries.
4. Take a deep pan, add enough water and place sweet potato slices in it.
5. Bring it to boil then reduce the flame and cook for about 3 minutes.
6. Next, cook the beans till tender crisp with the same process.
7. To prepare the dressing whisk together spring onion, mango chutney, Sundrop Superlite Advanced oil, cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
8. Lastly, combine sweet potatoes, beans, and chopped cilantro in a bowl.
9. Add the dressing and give it a toss.
The salad is ready to be served!
Note: To prepare mango chutney, grind raw mango with salt, one green chilli and a handfull of mint leaves. Do not over cook sweet potato and beans.