Sweet Potato Stir Fry
Sweet potatoes are readily available everywhere during the winters. They are not only extremely tasty but also highly nutritional as they are rich in potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin A and Vitamin B6. Use sweet potatoes to cook a delicious side dish for your meal using this recipe.
Ingredients: 2 cups sliced sweet potato, 1 large onion chopped, 1 sprig curry leaves, ½ tsp. grated ginger, ½ tsp. cumin seeds, ½ tsp. mustard seeds, ½ tsp. chilli powder, ½ tsp. garam masala, salt, a little turmeric powder.
1. Heat oil in a pan and splutter the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
2. Next, add the onions and fry till they are golden. Toss in the grated ginger and sauté.
3. Sprinkle turmeric and stir for 3-4 minutes and add the sliced sweet potatoes.
4. Cover the pan and cook till the sweet potatoes are done.
5. Add salt and the spice powders and fry till the masala has blended well with the sweet potatoes.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Make this dish at home today and serve it with rice or rotis.