Sweet Stuffed Yummy Idlis
Idlis are a great source of carbohydrates and proteins. The fermentation process increases the bioavailability of proteins and enhances the vitamin B content of the idlis. This yummy treat is also an easy digestible food for your kiddo.
Ingredients: Idli batter (Made from 2 cups rice and 1 cup urad dal, soak overnight, grind to fine paste separately, then mix both the paste and then add 1 tablespoon of curd and allow it to ferment for 8 hours), coconut-1 cup, jaggery-1/2cup, cashew(cut into small pieces)-10 (optional), raisins-1 tbsp(optional), cardamom powder-1/2 tsp.
1. Mix the coconut, jaggery, cashew, raisin, and cardamom powder well. Take idli stand and grease it ghee. Pour the batter only to cover 1/3 portion of the each mould.
2. Take 1 tsp of the coconut jaggery mix and spread it on the batter. Pour some more batter on the top to cover the sweet stuffing.
3. Steam them for 15 minutes in cooker or steamer.
4. Take out the idli stand and let it cool for 20 min.
5. Remove the idli from the mould, with the help of a spoon handle.
6. Place them on a plate and garnish with few fried cashew
Coconut-jaggery sweet idli is ready to eat. Enjoy eating it with few drops of ghee.