With this recipe you can make tandoori rotis at home on a tawa! Plus, this recipe uses whole wheat flour which is rich in potassium, carbohydrate, dietary fibre, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 2 ½ cups of whole wheat flour, ½ tsp oil, 1 tsp salt, 1 cup of water, ghee or oil for greasing.
1. Mix the whole wheat flour, salt and oil with water and knead into a soft dough. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
2. Roll out rotis of medium thickness.
3. Brush a little water on one side of the roti and bake the watered side on a greased gridle.
4. Use an iron gridle as it will help you hold the roti in place better.
5. Cook the roti on a low or medium flame. When you seen bubbles appearing on the upper side, turn the gridle upside down over the fire.
6. Keep the flame low so as to prevent the roti from burning.
Your tandoori roti is ready to be served with a delicious vegetarian or non-vegetarian dish.