Tangy Potato Lollipops
Are you bored of preparing potatoes the same old way? This recipe is a new twist and is sure to be a hit! The preparation is easy and takes very little time. This snack is perfect for a lazy evening. It caters to the intake of carbohydrates to supply sufficient energy. Let’s get started!
Ingredients: 10 baby potatoes, 2 onions, 1/2 cup mint leaves, 1/2 cup coriander leaves, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp tamarind paste, salt to taste, 2-3 green chillies, oil to shallow fry
1. Peel baby potatoes and give them another thorough wash. Put all the potatoes in boiling water and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Make sure that the potatoes are not cooked all the way.
2. While the potatoes are boiling, chop onions into bite-sized pieces. In a pan, add some oil and shallow fry the onions until aromatic and golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, finely chop mint leaves and coriander leaves. Add the chopped greens into a blender, along with salt, green chillies, tamarind paste and apple cider vinegar. Blend until smooth.
4. Check on the potatoes. Remove it from the boiling water and add it into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process.
5. Now, transfer the contents of the blender into the same pan used to fry the onions. Add a little oil if necessary. Stir continuously for about a minute or two on low heat. Correct the seasonings if needed.
6. In another pan, heat oil and shallow fry the baby potatoes until they are golden brown all over. After that, toss them into the pan with green spices. Mix thoroughly and put a lid on the pan for 5 minutes. If you want the potatoes to be crispy, do not close the lid.
7. Now, pick up a toothpick. Put a piece of onion through it and follow it up with a baby potato. Do the same for as many needed.
Serve this as a snack or an appetizer!