Tasty and Healthy Sweet Millet Pongal
Millet is a traditional cereal that is known for its health benefits. It is low in sugar and a rich source of magnesium and insoluble fibre. Millet consumption is known to help control childhood Asthma.
Ingredients: ¾ cup of hulled millet, ¾ cup moong dal, ¾ cup of palm jaggery, 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp cashew nuts, 1 tbsp raisins, 2 cups of water.
1. Wash well and soak hulled millet in warm water for 2 hours.
2. Wash and soak moong dal.
3. Take jaggery and melt it with few spoons of water on slow flame
4. Heat a pan with oil. Fry cashew nuts and raisins. Remove and keep aside.
5. Add 2 cups of water to the pan and bring it to boil.
6. Add the soaked dal and cook until dal is mushy.
7. Add the millet at this stage and cook until both are cooked completely.
8. Strain the jaggery syrup and add. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Garnish with the fried nuts and serve.
Try this tasty and healthy sweet millet pongal recipe today.