Tasty and Nutritious Carrot Halwa
Carrot Halwa is a dessert that is an all-time favourite of most North Indians. Carrots are in abundance during winters and are rich in vitamin A, antioxidants, and beta-carotene makes a tasty and nutritious halwa.
Ingredients: ½ kg carrots, ¼ litre milk, ¼ tin of condensed milk, 2 tbsp ghee, raisins and chopped nuts.
1. Clean, peel and grate carrots.
2. Cook the grated carrots with milk in pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
3. In a separate pan, take the cooked carrots, add condensed milk and cook on high flame until the liquid evaporates.
4. When the mixture gets a halwa-like consistency, add ghee and mix.
5. Add raisins and chopped nuts if required and serve.
This halwa can be had warm or chilled. You will definitely relish it.