Tasty Banana Apple Porridge
The breakfast meal is the most important diet of the day. Kids should be offered something nutritious that helps them gain energy. You can prepare yummy Banana Apple Porridge using simple ingredients. The items required are sliced banana, apple cubes, low fat milk, brown wheat, oats, butter and powdered sugar. The presence of banana and milk makes this recipe rich in protein.
1. The first step is to heat butter in a cooker and add broken wheat.
2. Heat it for a minute and then add oats. Saute it for 2 minutes.
3. Now you need to add milk along with 1 cup of water. Wait for 2 whistles while keeping the cooker on medium flame. Note: If baby is less than 12 months, add water instead of milk. If you have excess breastmilk, you can mix bm with the porridge just before feeding. Do not heat the breastmilk.
4. Once the content is cooked then you need to add sugar and cinnamon powder. Mix it well.
5. Refrigerate the content for at least an hour.
6. Serve the porridge by adding banana and apple by mashing if below 12 months or can grate and add to the prorridge. This recipe would be savoured with a smile by young kids.