Tasty Cheesy Au Gratin Potato Cupcakes
Planning to make something healthy, then this is an ideal choice. If you combine potatoes, cream, cheese, garlic and butter, you just cannot go wrong. You can serve it for breakfast or as a snack. Butter and cheese both are high in calcium.
Ingredients: Oil spray, 800g potatoes, 2 tbsp butter, 2 garlic cloves crushed, ¼ cup cream, ½ tsp salt, black pepper, 1 cup grated melting cheddar cheese, 2 tbsp fresh or dried thyme
1. Heat the oven to 350F/180C. Spray a muffin tin with oil. Peel the potatoes into thin slices of 2mm thickness.
2. Place butter and garlic in a microwaveable bowl set the timer for 30 seconds. Add cream, salt and pepper into the melted butter. Give it a good stir.
3. Place potato slices into the muffin tin so they go halfway up the muffin tin holes. Try to match by size to make them into neat stacks. Drizzle each potato stack with ½ tsp of cream mixture then sprinkle some thyme.
4. Sprinkle half cheese over the potato stacks. Top it with remaining potato slices. Drizzle with remaining cream mixture and remaining thyme.
5. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle the remaining cheese and bake without foil for another 10 minutes or until golden.
6. Give it a standing time for 5 minutes before removing the dish. Use a tablespoon or a butter knife to help scoop them out.
And your Gratin cupcakes are ready! Serve them with eggs or bacon!