Tasty Finger Food - Veg Masala Idlis
Idli is one of the most filling and easily digestible meal options for your child. But some kids do not like to eat idlis, so try out this recipe of veg masala idlis, loaded with the goodness of vegetables and extremely flavourful.
Ingredients: 12 mini idlis, 1 tbsp oil, ¼ tsp mustard seeds, ¼ tsp urad dal, ¼ tsp channa dal, a few curry leaves, 1 onion, 1 capsicum, 1 finely chopped carrot, 2 finely chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, 1 tbsp sambhar masala, 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut and juice of 1 lemon.
1. Take mini idlis and cut them into quarters.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, and a few curry leaves. Let them splutter.
3. Add onion, capsicum, and carrot. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
5. Add salt, turmeric powder, and sambhar masala.
6. Add ¼ cup water and let the vegetables simmer.
7. Add the idlis cut into pieces and mix well. Remove from heat.
8. Add fresh coconut and juice of 1 lemon. Toss well and serve.
Try this veg masala idlis today!