Tasty Fruity Phirni
Phirni is an Indian Sweet dish. It is easy to make, healthy, tasty, and filling. Add fruits to make it more colourful, flavourful, and nutritious. Mangoes, pomegranate, apples and oranges are used in this recipe. You can add other fruits of your choice.
Ingredients: ¼ cup rice, ¼ cup cashew nuts, 1 litre milk, a pinch of saffron, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup chopped fruits (mango, pomegranate, apple, orange, etc).
1. Wash and soak rice with cashew nuts for 4 hrs.
2. Drain and form a coarse paste in the mixer.
3. Heat milk and keep stirring until it reduces to ¾ of its original quantity.
4. To this add the rice paste and a pinch of saffron.
5. Keep cooking and stirring till it reaches a creamy consistency.
6. Add sugar and cook till the sugar dissolves.
7. Check consistency and add more milk if required.
8. Cool and dish out into a bowl.
9. Top it up with fruits.
10. Serve while still warm or chilled.
You will really love this sweet and colourful treat.