Tasty Magic Idlis
Here is a recipe that will be loved by your kiddo, introducting Magic Idlis to him would reduce the complaints of having the same lunch box. This recipe not only tastes good but has great food value that includes-vitamins, minerals.
Ingredients: 1 and 3/4 cup Idli rice, 1/2 cup black grams, 1 tsp fennugreek seeds, 1 tbsp salt.
1. Soak rice and black grams separately in water for at least 1 hour. Soaking overnight can be done too. Add fenugreek seeds to the black grams.
2. Drain the water and grind the black grams to a silky soft texture.
3. Grind the rice coarsely. Mix it with black gram batter along with salt.
4. Now leave the batter to rest and ferment for at least 6 hours till the batter rises to almost double the size.
5. Grease the idli plates with few drops of oil and fill with idli batter.
6. Steam them for about 10 minutes till they rise and become firm.
7. Switch off the stove and let it rest for a minute or 2.
And your treat is ready! Treat your cutie-pie with this delicious tiffin!