Tasty Quinoa Upma
Quinoa or dalia is a rich source of proteins, fibre, iron, magnesium, lysine, riboflavin and manganese. Integrate the goodness of quinoa in breakfast using this interesting and easy to prepare recipe. Here’s how you can make tasty quinoa upma at home in no time.
Ingredients: ½ cup quinoa, 1 ½ tsp of oil, 1/3 cup of chopped onions, ½ tsp of chopped ginger, 1 tsp chopped green chillies, 1 dry red chilli, a pinch of hing, 5-6 curry leaves, ½ tsp each of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and moong dal, 1/3 cup of finely chopped carrots, ¼ cup of chopped French beans, 1/3 cup of green peas, chopped coriander leaves for garnishing, salt.
1. Rinse and clean the quinoa and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad and chana dals. Cook till the dals turn golden.
3. Add the chopped onions, green chillies, red chilly, hing and ginger. Saute till the onions are translucent.
4. Now add the chopped vegetables, stir well and close the pan so that the veggies can cook.
5. Add the quinoa and mix well. Add about 1 ¼ cups of water to ensure you get the right consistency.
6. Cook and fluff out the upma once done.
Serve with a hot chutney or sambar.