Tasty Ridge Gourd Bhaji
Ridge gourd is a rich source of sodium, potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, magnesium, Vitamin B6 etc. Here is a tasty and easy recipe using ridge gourd that you can use to prepare a delicious treat for lunch time.
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons of moong dal, 200-250 grams of ridge gourd chopped, 1 ½ tablespoons of oil, 1/3 cups of chopped onions, 1 green chilli, 4-5 chopped garlic, a pinch of turmeric powder, hing, ¼ cup of freshly grated coconut, 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves.
1. Soak the moong dal in hot water for about 30 minutes.
2. Chop the ridge gourd into small cubes and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the onions and garlic cloves into it. Saute till the onions turn translucent.
4. To this add the chillies and turmeric powder and hing. Stir well.
5. Next add the ridge gourd and sauté for a couple of minutes. Add the soaked moong dal into this and add water so that the vegetables and dal cook well.
6. When the gourd and dal are cooked and the excess water has dried up, add the freshly grated coconut. Add salt and stir well.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Go ahead and try this out today!