Tasty Semiya Kesari
Semiya Kesari is a South Indian dish and can be easily prepared at home. Semiya is fat and cholesterol free and is great for the health. This sweet dish also contains saffron which is rich in sodium, potassium, Vitamin A, calcium, Vitamin C, iron, Vitamin C and magnesium. Here’s how you can make this healthy and delicious dessert at home effortlessly.
Ingredients: ½ cup of semiya, ¼ cup of sugar, 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar, 10 to 12 cashews, ½ tablespoon raisins, a pinch of cardamom powder, a few drop of orange food colour, a pinch of saffron.
1. Roast cashews and raisins in ghee and set aside.
2. Take water in a vessel, add sugar to it and bring it to boil. On boiling, add the saffron strands and food colour and let it boil a little more.
3. Meanwhile take a little oil in a pan and roast the semiya. Do not brown or burn the semiya.
4. Next add the boiling water to the semiya and cook on low flame for 10 to 15 minutes to ensure that the semiya has cooked well.
5. Remove from flame, garnish with chopped cashews.
Interesting and easy, isn’t it? Try this out recipe today!