Tasty Soya Matar Pulav
Its a highly nutritious and complete meal in itself. Even if you don't like soya chunks this is the best way to fool and eat it. It has proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals.
Ingredients: 2 cups Basmati rice, 1 cup soya granules, 1/2 cup green peas, 1 tsp cumin, 2 green cardamoms, 4-5 pepper corns, 1 inch cinnamon stick, salt and red chilli powder as per your taste, 1 tsp garam masala, 2-3 tsps butter/ghee,1 onion.
1) Soak rice, and soya granules separately for 30 minutes.
2) Heat a pan, add butter let it heat then add all whole spices and cook for one minute.
3) Add sliced onions and cook till it turns light brown.
4) Now add green peas and squeezed soya granules, mix well and cook for one minute.
5) Add soaked rice after draining the water. Add salt, red chilli powder & garam marsala, stir well.
6) Then add three cups of water cover the pan after first boil & cook it till it is done on low flame.
Your full of aromatic and yummy pulav is ready. You can serve it with curd.
Note: Soak soya granules in warm water. You can also use soya chunks instead of granules. Granules cannot be picked out after it is cooked since it gets mixed well with rice. You can discard whole spices after cooking if you don't like it.