Spice up rice for using this Tawa Pulao recipe. Unbelievably easy to prepare, this recipe will provide you with the goodness of rice, which is a rich source of potassium, carbohydrates, protein, magnesium, calcium, iron and Vitamin B6. So here’s how you can make this delicious pulao at home.
Ingredients: 1 cup basmati rice, 1 capsicum chopped, 2 large tomatoes chopped, 1 medium onion chopped, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, ¼ tsp each of turmeric and chilli powders, 2 tsp pav bhaji masala, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 2 tbsp. butter, 1 medium carrot chopped, 1 potato chopped, ½ cup green peas, ½ tsp lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves, salt, oil.
1. Rinse the rice till it is free of starch and soak it in water for about 30 minutes.
2. Cook the rice with about 4 cups of water, a few drops of oil and salt. Once the rice is done, remove it from the vessel and rinse it under running water in a colander. Fluff the rise and close the lid of the colander and set aside.
3. Cook the carrots, potatoes and green peas in a pressure cook to soften them. Set aside.
4. Heat butter in a pan and splutter the cumin seeds. Add the chopped onions and sauté till they are transparent.
5. Next add the ginger garlic paste and sauté till it loses its raw smell.
6. Add the chopped tomatoes and capsicum and sauté well. Add in the spice powders and mix well. Cook till you can see the butter separating from the masala.
7. Add the cooked potatoes, carrots and peas and sauté. Sprinkle salt and mix well.
8. Add the rice and mix well with the vegetables on a slightly high flame. Toss it to get better results.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with raita or a vegetable curry.
Perfect for lunch, isn’t it? This recipe is quite easy to follow and hardly takes any time for preparation. So surprise with this delicious dish by trying out this recipe today!