Til Chikki is an interesting sweet dish item. You would surely fall in love with this dish and would ask for more. Sesame seeds or til is the prime ingredient which is a rich source of protein, calcium and Vitamin B-6. Moreover, the presence of jaggery adds carbohydrates, dietary fiber and potassium. The preparation is not that complicated which makes it a perfect homemade delicacy.
Ingredients: ¾ cup sesame seeds, ½ cup chopped jaggery, 1 ½ tsp ghee
1. Heat a deep non-stick pan and to it add sesame seeds. Dry roast the seeds for 5 min.
2. Now, heat ghee and add jaggery. Mix it well and cook it on medium flame for at least 3 min.
3. Switch the flame and add the roasted sesame seeds. Mix the content well.
4. When the mixture is ready, drop the entire content over the back of a greased thali. Roll it out into a 200mm diameter circle using a rolling pin.
5. Cut them into square pieces.
6. Allow it to cool and once cooled, use an air-tight container for storing the Til Chikki.
Do try this recipe soon and see all smiles.