Tofu is a rich source of protein, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, selenium and phosphorus and hence is essential for the healthy growth of your little one. Tofu bhurji is a simple and easy to cook recipe that is not only delicious but also very nutritious.
Ingredients: 200 gms of tofu, 1 onion finely chopped, 1 tomato chopped, 1 green chilli chopped, ½ inch ginger finely chopped, ½ tsp cumin seeds, a pinch of turmeric powder, a pinch of chilli powder, ¼ tsp garam masala powder, 1 ½ tbsp. oil, 1 tbsp. chopped coriander leaves, salt.
1. Crumble the tofu and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and brown the cumin seeds. Add the chopped onions and sauté till they are translucent.
3. Next add the chopped ginger and green chillies and sauté for about a minute.
4. Add the tomatoes and fry till they become pulpy. Follow up by adding the spice powders and mixing well.
5. Throw in the crumbled tofu into the pan, season with salt and mix well. Saute for about 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Tofu bhurji serves as a nutritious and healthy side dish. Prepare this yummy dish for your little one by trying out this recipe today!