Tricolour Idli Dosa
Tricolour idli dosa is a simple recipe that is made using mint and tomatoes as colouring agents. Mint is known to contain potassium, magnesium, calcium, Vitamin C, iron, phosphorus and Vitamin A. Tomatoes, on the other hand, are an excellent source of Vitamin C, dietary fibre, Vitamin B6, folate, niacin, Vitamin E and phosphorus. This one is a packed healthy recipe.
Ingredients: 1 bowl of idli batter, 1 tomato chopped, 2 dry red chillies, 1 cup of chopped mint leaves, 1 green chilli chopped, ¼ tsp cumin seeds.
1. Divide the batter into three portions and set aside.
2. Saute the tomatoes and dry chillies for a few minutes and then grind them into a smooth paste. Mix with one portion of the batter.
3. Similarly, sauté the chopped green chillies, mint leaves and cumin seeds and grind them into a paste. Mix with another portion of the batter.
4. Pour the batter into your idli cooker and make the tricolour idli dosa.
5. For making dosas, follow the same steps and pour out the different colour dosa batters to make colourful dosas
Serve with coconut chutney or sambar. Prepare a colourful breakfast today using this recipe!