Trifle - Eggless Sponge Cake
Trifle is a delicately made sweet dish which is delicious and healthy. The recipe uses fresh fruits which are a rich source of potassium, carbohydrate, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. Easy to prepare, the trifle is pudding that combines the delight of mixed fruits, custard and whipped cream.
Ingredients: 1 small eggless sponge cake, 2 ½ chopped chopped mixed fruits, 1 ½ cups of whole milk, 3 tbsp custard powder, 3 tbsp warm whole milk, 4 tbsp sugar, 4-5 tbsp mango puree, ½ cup of low fat cream, ¼ tsp of vanilla extract.
1. Heat 3 tbsp of milk in a pan and add custard powder to it to prepare a custard paste. Stir well to ensure that there are no lumps. Set aside.
2. Take another pan, heat 1 ½ cups of milk and dissolve 4 tbsp of sugar in it completely.
3. Add the custard paste in it and stir continuously till it thickens. Remove from flame and set it aside for cooling.
4. In another bowl, take cream and add vanilla extract.
5. Whip in a blender till it gives you a smoothie like texture.
6. Slice the eggless cake into small pieces. Place in a bowl and layer it with some mango puree.
7. Top this with a layer of freshly cut fruits. Add a layer of custard on top.
8. Repeat till you reach the top of the bowl. End off with a layer of whipped cream and chopped fruits.
Your trifle is ready. Prepare it today at home and watch your little one beam with joy!